Welcome to the blog!
For my first post I thought I’d start out with a few simple rules.
People are always asking me how to wear cowboy boots. Which kind of baffles me because no one ever asks me how to wear sneakers or sandals? I mean, you put them on your feet and go, right?
But I guess I can relate. After I bought my first pair of boots I wasn’t really sure what to do with them. I was scared no one would like my outfits and I was nervous people would look at me funny for wearing boots to places other than the county fair.
So to help everyone out, I’ve put together my 5
rules commandments for wearing boots.
1. Thou shalt wear them confidently. My lovely, intelligent mother always tells me that if you wear something confidently, no one will question you. So if you’re worried about looking like a weirdo in your boots, stop worrying. Hold your head high and walk with confidence when you wear those babies! People won’t question you or think you’re weird. Instead, they’ll think you’re a sexy lady who has her stuff together.
2. Thou shalt let the boots speak for themselves. A little goes a long way when you’re wearing boots. Since boots command so much attention, try to pair them with more understated pieces. I see so many people try to pair boots with super flashy shirts and crazy necklaces and big earrings. And while there’s nothing wrong with that, all those other details distract from your outfit’s focal point: the boots.
3. Thou shalt invest in high-quality materials. Okay so I’m not saying you can’t wear that pair of boots you bought at Forever21….but I am saying that you need to invest in higher quality boots in the future. I know, I know. Cowboy boots are expensive. But they’re also 110% worth the investment. They’ll last for years and they only get more beautiful and comfortable as they age!
4. Thou shalt not worry about being “country.” I’m not a fan of the notion that you have to be from Texas or you have to grow up on a farm and know how to rope steers to wear cowboy boots. Because honestly, everyone looks fan-freaking-tastic in cowboy boots. So if you like them, buy them! And if someone gives you a hard time about it tell them to shove it.
5. Thou shalt break all the rules. You know that part in Grease where Leo goes, “The rules are….there ain’t no rules!” Even though he was talking about racing cars, I’m pretty sure he would wholeheartedly agree that there are no rules when it comes to wearing cowboy boots. I’ve talked to so many girls who feel like they have to wear plaid or camo with their boots, and that just isn’t true.
Wear them however you want! Dress them up! Dress them down! Wear them to work, to church, to school, to the grocery store, wherever. Just wear them, and wear them confidently!